A surgical procedure to remove stones from the urinary tract that are kidney, bladder, and urethra is laser lithotripsy. Laser stone surgery is a 30 to 90 minutes no meddling kidney stone remedy procedure which split stones into areas of the organ. Doctor Sudhir Chawla is the renowned surgeon for laser stone surgery in Indore, using latest Technology for laser stone surgery and also having huge experience in urology.
Common symptoms for stone in organ are :
- Pain in back, belly
- Pain or burning during urination
- An urgent need to go
- Blood in urine
- Smelly urine
How laser surgery is performed?
An urologist inserts a scope into the urinary tract to find the stone. The scope is a laser, cystoscope. An optical fiber is infused via the working channel of scope and laser light is directly exuded to the stone. The stone is disintegrated and enduring pieces are washed out of the urinary tract. The process is done under the local anesthesia and is considered a minimally invasive procedure.it is mostly available in most of the hospital in the world. Laser lithotripsy is best with stones less than 20 mm in diameter.
Why laser lithotripsy is best?
- It is noninvasive treatment.
- Process is not time consuming and done in 30-90 minutes.
- Recovery time is generally 1 -3 days.
Things to be known after laser surgery :
- You can observe blood in urine after the laser surgery; it is a temporary condition which cleans in a few days.
- Drink more fluids to maintain good kidney health. It will reduce the chances of reoccurrence of kidney stone.
- Regularly follow up the urologist.
- Please refrain from smoking and drinking alcohol for several weeks.